NKPR 26 Acts of Kindness
Sparked by the 26 Hours of Kindness holiday campaign in 2015, the NKPR 26 Acts of Kindness
is an ongoing agency-wide program through which the NKPR team gives back to the community.
The program fosters a culture of kindness and empowers team members to find and support a
cause in order to encourage others to do the same. Some of the causes supported through the
26 Acts of Kindness include: Fred Victor, St. Felix, MADD, Second Harvest, Red Door Shelter,
CAMH, and others.
Since launching the 2016 program on March 26th, activities have included:
- A surprise and delight for International Day of Happiness in Bloor- Yorkville.
The NKPR team spent the afternoon handing out balloons and white roses to families and
shoppers, encouraging passersby to share kindness.
- A "Spring Cleaning" initiative in support of Fred Victor Centre. NKPR encouraged friends,
family and media to bring in gently used clothing to donate to the Fred Victor housing
developments for new Canadians and homeless youth.
- A TTC Token Drive during the Fall 2016 Media Preview. Media were invited to bring TTC
token donations in support of the Red Door Family Shelter.
Upcoming acts include:
- The NKPR Scholarship – an annual scholarship that will be awarded to two public
relations students each year to support their academic development and professional growth.
- NKPR Open House – NKPR will welcome friends, interns and volunteers for an open house day
to focus on career building for those interested in a career in PR
- Global Wellness Day, June 11th – Spread kindness on this international feel good day. More details to come.
Want to get involved? For more information on upcoming activities contact, email@example.com